On the Growth Plan or higher, you can now send a ringless voicemail drop to a student!
Sending a voicemail can add an extra fun surprise when a student joins a course, completes a milestone, or finishes a challenging module (just to give a few examples).
You can also use it to reach out if a student hasn't engaged with the course for a bit, and you want to let them know you care about their success!
How to Set up Your Ringless Voicemail Drop
- In Step 5, "Add the Secret Sauce" scroll down to the Experience Engine and choose "Create New/ Create from Scratch"
- As an example, let's say you want to send a voicemail to welcome a student when they join your course. Choose the trigger "Added to Course"
- For the action, choose "Voicemail"
- Record your message, or upload an mp3 file. NOTE: Voicemails must be under 60 seconds
- When you're finished, click "Add."
- Your voicemail will now be automatically sent to your student when they join the course.
How much does it cost to send a Voicemail Drop?
Your XP Growth account automatically comes with 50 free Voicemail drops per month.
On the first of every month, your balance of free VM’s will be reset to 50.
If you want to use more than 50 per month, you have options to purchase a package of additional VM’s…
- 1000 VMs for $100 (10c each)
- 5000 VMs for $350 (7c each)
- 10000 VMS for $500 (5c each)
We’ll email you to notify you when your balance of free VM’s is running low.
If your free balance runs out, then we’ll automatically bill you for the preferred package you’ve chosen (you can set this in your Accounts section).
If you haven’t chosen a preferred package, we’ll bill you for the lowest priced package ($100), so we can make sure and keep things running smoothly with no interruption to your students’ experience.
Voicemail Drops are a great way to let your student know you're thinking of them, and send an extra bit of encouragement to help them succeed!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Voicemail drops are tricky to deliver! On some networks, they simply won’t work; and there are various factors in deliverability that are outside of our team’s control.
This means that we’re not able to guarantee reliability of voicemails being received.
We still hope you’ll use the feature and have fun with it, because our experience is that students tend to love them! Just please understand that we can't guarantee receipt.
For this reason, we don't recommend using this feature to communicate essential info for your course. It's better suited for a fun, unexpected surprise to make your student's day.
And, since you're smart, you've set up LOTS of fun things for your students... Right?
So, in the event that a student doesn't recieve a voicemail drop no worries... if you're making use of XP's numerous fun features, they'll have plenty of surprises to engage them and get them hooked on your course!