On the Growth Plan or higher, you can now send a ringless voicemail drop to a student!
Sending a voicemail can add an extra fun surprise when a student joins a course, completes a milestone, or finishes a challenging module (just to give a few examples).
You can also use it to reach out if a student hasn't engaged with the course for a bit, and you want to let them know you care about their success!
How to Set up Your Ringless Voicemail Drop
- In Step 5, "Add the Secret Sauce" scroll down to the Experience Engine and choose "Create New/ Create from Scratch"
- As an example, let's say you want to send a voicemail to welcome a student when they join your course. Choose the trigger "Added to Course"
- For the action, choose "Voicemail"
- Record your message, or upload an mp3 file. When you're finished, click "Add."
- Your voicemail will now be automatically sent to your student when they join the course.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Voicemail drops are tricky to deliver! On some networks, they simply won’t work; and there are various factors in deliverability that are outside of our team’s control.
This means that we’re not able to guarantee reliability of voicemails being received.
We still hope you’ll use the feature and have fun with it, because our experience is that students tend to love them! Just please understand that we can't guarantee receipt.
For this reason, we don't recommend using this feature to communicate essential info for your course. It's better suited for a fun, unexpected surprise to make your student's day.
And, since you're smart, you've set up LOTS of fun things for your students... Right?
So, in the event that a student doesn't recieve a voicemail drop no worries... if you're making use of XP's numerous fun features, they'll have plenty of surprises to engage them and get them hooked on your course!