In this article, we're going to walk you through how to create an "XPs Earned" Experience for your course.
- First, make sure to read about the Experience Engine -- your private course concierge who works tireless behind the scenes 24 hours, who's actively looking for ways to create an amazing experience for your students, so they engage more deeply with your content, love taking action, and would never think of abandoning your course
- Second, here's how to create a new Experience in general
Setting up an "XPs Earned" Experience
The "XPs Earned" trigger allows you to pick an arbitrary amount of XPs or XXPs and start an Experience for your student.
Here are some examples:
- You might want to show a Celebration when your student hits 100XPs, to congratulate them suddenly out of the blue for hitting that milestone, make them smile and cause a little bit of delight in their day, and give them something to tell friends about
- You could trigger an email or SMS sequence to reach out and congratulate them, and encourage them to take even more action
- We've even had XP folks use the 'XPs Earned' trigger to trigger the release of extra bonus content to a student (by sending a Webhook ping to Zapier, which then can assign access to students.)
If you want to set up a new version of that Experience from scratch, here's how:
- Step 1 is to begin the process of adding your Experience using the steps here
- Step 2, to watch for new students joining your course select the XPs Earned trigger from the droplist, and choose the amount of XPs you want to watch out for
- Next, we recommend leaving all other fields set to their default values; you don't have a reason to stop this Experience; and you want the Experience to run just once.
- Finally, to save your Experience, click the Add button in the top right of the window. This will save your Experience, and then allow you to begin adding emails, SMSs, voicemails messages (coming soon) and more!
Finally, you want to set up your communication sequence -- the exact pieces of communication your student will receive as part of this Experience. Here's how to do that.