While you can definitely have trainings in Xperiencify without a video, we discourage it.
Our mission is to help you to INCREASE student engagement, and video is proven to be one of the best ways to do that.
Lessons that are purely text make students feel like they're back in school, which can powerfully turn off their desire to learn and take action.
We don't want that to happen to you, and that's why we highly recommend you have a video component to every training you create on Xperiencify.
However, if you have a lot of trainings without video, here are some workarounds for you:
- Workaround 1: You could record even just a short, 60-second video with your phone, to explain what the training is, what they'll get out of it, and why it's critical for them to get. If you can do that, you'll get so much more engagement from students because you'll be setting them up for success.
- Workaround 2: Add focus-aiding music or "binaural beat"-based audio track to some inspirational stock video footage or stock images. The combination of music that helps them focus and a great visual will be so much better than nothing. This would be easy to purchase cheaply on a site such as upwork.com or fiverr.com.
The bottom line is that:
- Getting people to take action is HARD, and you should never underestimate what it takes to do it (don't forget that the typical online training gets just a 3% student completion rate)
- Today's students & learners are demanding something different now -- the kind of experiential, gamified environment that their cellphones can deliver
- If you don't give it to them, they WILL go elsewhere to find it.
Xperiencify is giving you next-generation tools to help you engage 10-30 times more students and get them taking action. But our innovations can't help you if you aren't open to doing things a little differently. :)