One of Xperiencify's most beloved features is the sound effect when students check off actions.
Attaching a cool sound effect to actions is a simple thing, but it adds a massive amount of "sticky-ness" to your Product, and as funny as it sounds, we've seen students get seriously addicted to the fun of those sound effects! :)
We offer a range of pre-installed sound effects that you can choose from, and you can choose a different sound effect for both XP and XXP.
Changing Sound Effects
To edit your action sound effect, here's how:
- From the Courses page, click on the Course you wish to customize
- Scroll to the Course Settings area near the bottom of the page
- Click on Sound Effects
- Choose a sound effect from the XP Sound Effect list and click the play button to hear it
- Repeat for the XXP Sound Effect list
Setting Specific Sound Effects for Point Values
One of the biggest secret "hacks" to keeping your students engaged is incorporating surprises and bringing in the unexpected.
This lack of predictability keeps their brain interested, paying close attention, and curious about what's happening next!
A fun way to mix things up is to add in DIFFERENT sound effects on occasion.
You can do this by setting sound effects to play when the student clicks an action that has a specific number of points.
- Go to Settings and click on Sound Effects
- Click on Create New
- Select a specific number of points for an action
- Select the sound that will play when an action with that number of points is checked off
NOTE: The "special" sound effect is NOT triggered by cumulative points -- it's only triggered by a single action that has the specific number of points that you select.
Uploading Custom Sound Effects
You can also upload your own custom mp3 sound effects if you wish!
- Click on the Use Custom Sound Effect toggle to reveal the custom mp3 uploader
- Click the + icon to upload your own mp3 file.