Zapier lets you connect Xperiencify to 1,500+ other web services.
Automated connections called "Zaps", set up in minutes with no coding, can automate your day-to-day tasks and build workflows between apps that otherwise wouldn't be possible. (For example, you can connect with your favorite CRM, email provider, database, G-suite, or 1500+ other web or cloud-based applications.)
Each Zap has one app as the Trigger (in other words, where your information comes from), which causes one or more Actions in other apps, where your data gets sent automatically.
Click here to see the kinds of things that are possible with Xperiencify and Zapier!
How to Connect & Authenticate the XP Integration
- Log in to your Zapier account or create a new account
- Once logged in, go to My Apps and search for "Xperiencify". When you see the icon, click on it to use it
- A new popup will appear to authorize the connection with Xperiencify. Enter your XP login email address and password into the fields and click Yes, Continue:
- Once successfully processed, you should see a page like this, indicating that your Xperiencify integration will be ready to use!
How to Setup a New Purchase Zap
This is the most common kind of Zap that most people will set up and it allows you to do things such as:
- Trigger an email campaign in a tool such as Mailchimp or Active Campaign
- Add to (and tag) in a CRM such as Infusionsoft or Zoho
- Send a welcome SMS message through tools such as Twilio or Clicksend
- And much much more...
How to set up the Zap:
- Log in to Zapier, and click the Make a Zap button in the top left of the page
- Click on the Xperiencify icon that appears in the Your Apps section at the top of the page. (Note: if you can't see the icon, make sure you have installed the integration successfully using the steps at the top of this article in the "How to Connect & Authenticate the XP Integration" section.)
- Choose New Course Student from the Choose an Event section
- Click Continue
- Choose the account from the Xperiencify account droplist, and click Continue
- Choose the specific Xperiencify course you want this Zap to trigger on:
- Click the Test trigger button to test the connection, and pull in a test record from your Xperiencify student database. In the example below, Zapier has pulled in 1 sample record from the database of existing students. (If you don't yet have any student data for the course, then quickly add a test student in Xperiencify before you complete this step.
- Click Continue to proceed to Do this... -- the 2nd part of the Zap, which is what you where you want to send the student data
- Type in your destination app name into the Choose App & Event field. (For example: "Active Campaign" or "Infusionsoft") and click on the App Icon that will appear
- Next, from the Choose Action Event, choose the action you want that specific App to take -- for example, add to a mailing list, add a tag, etc. The options available to you will depend on the App -- some Apps support only a handful of events, while others support dozens. Once you choose your action, click Continue
- You may have to connect your App, using a similar method as above -- the process changes between apps, but Zapier tries to keep it simple and clear. (Once connected, you won't have to do this step again.)
- Use the provided droplist to configure exactly how you want the Xperiencify data to be used.
- The main concept to become familiar with is Zapier "tokens" - that's how Zaper knows which piece of data to send where. In the following screenshot example, you can see that Zapier is showing you all of the different pieces of data available to send to your next App:
- In the below example, you can see that I have added the "Email" token to the Email field. You can repeat this process for any further data you want to send.
- Once you've successfully picked all the data tokens to send to your App, click the Continue button to complete setup of your Zap!
NOTE: If you're on the Launch Plan, we require that if you're taking payment, you only use XP's order form and Stripe. Here's why.
For this reason, the "Add Student to Course" action will not be available in Zapier while you're on the Launch Plan.
You can upgrade to the Growth Plan for greater flexibility and more options for how you add students, take payments, and set up your course! Just message us at the support desk for help with upgrading your plan.