Importing Students in Bulk with a CSV file
If you have a CSV file containing bulk student data, you can import it using our Bulk Add Student function.
Note: This feature is available on the Growth plan or higher.
IMPORTANT: It's important your CSV columns are named very specifically for the bulk import to work correctly - make sure your columns are titled exactly in this format (including correct spelling and no capitalization):
- email for the email addresses
- first_name for the student's first name
- last_name for the student's last name
- Go to Students page
- Choose the Course you wish to import students info (this is a required step)
- Choose whether to send the student a Welcome Email by toggling the Send Welcome Email switch (here's how to configure your welcome email)
- Click the Upload CSV button and select your CSV file
- You should see a summary panel showing you the data we were able to extract from your CSV file. If there's no usable data, then check the format of your CSV file. If it's valid, then drop our support team an email and we'll take a look
- If the data looks good, then click the Import X Students button, where X is the amount of students in your file
You can import student data through Zapier also.
- Export and add all your students (with email) to a Google Sheet
- Create a Zapier account if you don't have one already
- Add a zap that takes that Google Sheet as the input, and has your XP account as the output, and have it create a New Course Enrollment for each row in the sheet. They will receive the welcome email you've set up.