In Xperiencify, we encourage you to add one or more "actions" to each of your trainings and make them worth a certain amount of XPs or XXPs each.
Actions are a way for you to reward students with XPs or XXPs when they take action. (We call our points XPs (experience points), and you can read more about them here.)
We usually recommend having 2 Actions per training.
Action #1 gives 1 XP for watching or completing the training. We summarize the lesson's main learning point in the Action description, and the student earns 1 XP when they check it off.
Action #2 gives 2 XPs for taking the action or implementation activity associated with that training. (We recommend giving more points for the action because action is far more valuable than passive consumption.)
To add an Action to a training:
- Find the training you want to add an action to and click the Edit button
- Scroll down until you see the Training Actions section
- By default, we add 2 recommended actions to every new training -- "Watched Video" (1 XP) and "Next Steps" (worth 2 XPs). We find that splitting the actions like this is more rewarding for students, and appropriately rewards them with more XPs when they take action versus just watching
- Open each action and edit the text inside
- Alternately, you can delete any (or all) of the the actions and add your own. We highly recommend using Actions to reward students after each and every training or lesson in your Course.
Some ideas for how to motivate students to take action:
- Now, go and share your biggest takeaway with our group over at Facebook! [LINK]
- Jot down 3 big ideas you've had from this training into your journal.