Students can now respond to questions you ask them as part of your course with the Multiple Choice action.
You can add these actions in two ways -- first, as part of your course's training content. or as standalone actions on other pages in your course.
Adding Multiple Choice actions to your training content
As part of the training content of your course, you may decide to request that your student provide a multiple choice response to a question you ask them in exchange for points. Here's how to set that up:
- Find the training you want to add the Multiple Choice to, and edit the training
- Click on the “Points” tab, and click Add+ to add a new training action
- In the Action Type droplist, choose “Multiple Choice”
- Add all of your possible choices and remember to choose the correct answer by checking the box. Click Save to save your action.
What Your Student Sees
Your students will see the multiple choice question with the options available to choose from.
NOTE: After the student has submitted their answer, the box will be “locked” and their response not available to any further editing.
Adding Multiple Choice Response actions to other pages
Sometimes you may want to add custom quiz or questionnaire actions on other pages of your course that aren't displaying your course content. Here's how:
- Open the Page Builder for your course by clicking on the Customize Your Course Pages button in the Step 4: Customize Your Course Pages section of your course.
- Choose the page you want to add your Multiple Choice action to. Typically you add to either your course home page or a custom page. In this example, I'll add to a custom page.
- Move your mouse over to the sidebar and choose Actions and drag the top block into your page
- Click the Edit button to access the Editing sidebar
- In the sidebar, click on the accordion holding the data for the action
- Choose Multiple Choice from the droplist and then fill in the rest of the fields underneath and your Multiple Choice action will be ready to use.
- Click the Add Action button to keep adding more questions to the same block.
- Note: you can have multiple blocks, each with multiple questions and multiple question types. This allows you to separate your questions into sections and categories if needed -- each block with a headline block and/or text in between.