Most course platforms give you precious few ways to release your content. Either everything available right away (terrible plan), or to set entire modules to drip out each week, which is still a pretty terrible plan.
We give you 5 ways to release content, and in this article I'm going to run through them and tell you how, why and when to use each one.
NOTE: "By X Days After Joined" is the most commonly selected option, but I want to encourage you to explore the other options we have for you. The more you can stoke engagement through creatively defying expectations about what membership sites are capable of, the more you'll benefit!
0. Draft - Not really a release method, but useful for if you want to add content to your account that's not quite ready to release.
1. Immediately - Normally, you'll release just the first module immediately, and then release the following content at regular intervals.
2. By Date - This allows you to set any Module or Training to release on a certain date and time in the future. This is useful when you're running a Course or Program live, and have a cohort of students joining at the same time, and you're uploading content and replays as you go.
3. By X Days After Joined - the most common way to release content. You can set Module #1 to release immediately, and then set each subsequent Module to release after a set number of days.
NOTE: You'll always set the number of days based on the student's join date.
For example, if you want the modules to release weekly: Module 1 will release immediately. Module 2 is after 7 days. Module 3 is after 14 days, and so on.
4. Nth Week - Great for releasing new content on specific days of the week, say every Monday while someone's in your program, that's impossible to do with a plain "drip" scheduling every X days. This option allows you to release an entire Module of content on a specific weekday -- for example -- 1st Monday after joining, 2nd Tuesday after joining, etc.. This allows you to do things like release content on the same day in the week regardless of when they joined.
5. After X points earned (Available with Growth Plan or Higher) - Release a Module or piece of bonus content once a certain amount of XPs or XXPs have been earned. A great way to unexpectedly reward student efforts & accomplishment! Or you can make them aware that their "treasure" will be unlocked after a certain amount of effort. Either way you do it, your students will be more engaged.
6. Release Training After Previous Completed - Otherwise called "Dynamic Release", this allows you to override any content release settings you may have and release training content when your student has completed the immediately prior training.
This has the advantage of allowing your super-engaged students to keep taking as much action as they wish, without waiting for the "official" content release date. Here's how to set that up.
A Note on Timezones
Currently only PT (Pacific time) is supported when releasing time-based content. We intend to add all 24 timezones soon. For now, simply add on the appropriate number of hours depending on where you live.
- American east coast: add 3 hours
- UK: add 8 hours
- Western European countries: add 9-10 hours
- Eastern European countries: add 10-12 hours
- Asia & Australia: add 14-20 hours